Parents, Sheldon ISD would like to make you aware of a “stranger danger” incident that occurred near the Bavaria neighborhood this morning. In addition, administrators learned of this incident this afternoon.
At approximately 6:20 a.m. today, a C. E. King High School student was approached by a Caucasian male and female – believed to be in their late 20s to possibly early 40s – driving a late model blue BMW four-door SUV at the intersection of Pia Drive and Piave Drive. The couple stayed near the bus stop area for around 15 minutes before asking the student if they knew how to get to the airport.
While the student was on the phone contacting a parent, the couple sped off in their SUV and continued to circle the Bavaria neighborhood.
Thankfully, no one was harmed, and the police are currently investigating this incident. In the meantime, I encourage you to discuss these safety tips with your children:
• Students should walk in groups, not alone;
• Students should avoid distractions, such as cell phones, and pay attention to their surroundings;
• Students who are approached by a stranger should run away and seek help from others;
• Students should physically resist and yell for help if anyone tries to force them into a vehicle or a home; and
• Students should immediately report any incident that makes them feel uncomfortable.
Again, Sheldon ISD administrators are working very closely with local law enforcement to help them in any way possible during their ongoing investigation.
Read More »